- Ready In:
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a food processor mix the first 3 ingredients until they are crumbly.
- Press into a greased slice tin and bake 15-20 minutes at 180C degrees until golden and dry.
- While cooking, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the hot crust and bake for 25-30 minutes until set.
- Cut into bars after dusting with icing sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Evie, I loved these :) DH says they were a little too sour but he doesn't appreciate lemons like I do. The only downside was that I ate waayyyy to many of them because they were so lovely, and since I'm trying to loose some kg's will save these for the special occasions so that I can splurge :) The base was great tasting and the whole thing was very easy to make. It's going into my family cookbook as a favourite for me. Thanks !Reply
I love lemon bars. My whole family loves lemon bars. We love Evie's Lemon Bar! Piquant lemon flavor, most everyone has these ingredients in the house already. I actually didn't have caster sugar, and never will, since they don't sell it where I live, so I just ran some regular sugar round the food processor till it was ground superfine. I then threw in the rest of the filling ingredients into the food processor, and it mixed it up beautifully. The smell was so tantilizing as the bars baked, and I practically had to lock my daughter in another room so these bars could cool down before we inhaled them. Evie, good one!6Reply