Leftover Ham With Pasta and Broccoli Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked spiral shaped pasta (cavatappi or fusilli)
- 2 cups leftover cubed ham
- 8 ounces frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Steam broccoli until fork tender. Chop into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Add onions and cook until soft, but now brown.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and whisk constantly until mixture is smooth of lumps and thickened.
- Whisk in milk.
- Remove from heat.
- Add onions, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, ham, broccoli, and sauce.
- Transfer to a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs and cheese to melted butter.
- Top with breadcrumb cheese mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes until sauce is bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!