Lazy Perogies Casserole
- Ready In:
- 16 -20 frozen potato pierogies (whichever flavour you like, I use potato and cheese)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 10 ounces condensed mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small skillet melt butter or margarine and sauté onion, garlic, turkey bacon and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- In a medium size casserole dish, combine thawed perogies, onion, turkey bacon and green pepper.
- Combine milk, mushroom soup and sour cream in a bowl.
- Pour over perogie mixture.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes at 175ºC (350ºF), then the last 10 minutes, bake uncovered. Or microwave until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was awesome. My kids love perogies. I wanted to do something different with them when I found this recipe. I just "lightned" it up a bit more with fat free sour cream and fat free cheddar cheese. It was still rich and creamy and there was no leftovers . It was also very easy to make. Thanx for the great recipe! It's a keeper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
From a historic sense so you can understand my recipes as they come? My mother = Native Canadian born but adopted by immigrants from England. My father = pure red-headed Irish adopted by pure Scots. Me = Torn between two parents adopted on both sides, confused on my own ancestry. Scottish by adoption, British by adoption, Irish by blood, Native Canadian by blood. Bi-racial by blood and ancestry, war by adoption... leads to curiousity and acceptance of all cultures so I will try SO MANY THINGS. As you will see as you get to know me and my recipes. :D ;)