Layered Mexican Salad
photo by OceanLuvinGranny
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 6 ounces frozen avocado dip, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (I used mild)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic (Can use more if you prefer. I used the jar kind)
- 2 cups coarsely crushed lay's Fritos corn chips (can use more if you desire)
- 1 1⁄2 cups alfalfa sprouts (to your taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can can refried beans
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- Layer in a glass large salad bowl: pinto beans, bean sprouts, tomatoes, sliced eggs, green onion, corn, garbanzo beans, olives, cheese.
- Add anything else you choose for your salad.
- Make Dressing: In a bowl, stir together avocado dip thawed, sour cream, green chilies, garlic and milk.
- Put more cheese on top of salad and then spread dressing over top so that an edge of the cheese shows.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours-24 hours. Serve on a bed of coarsely crushed Fritos.
- Garnish top with 1 tablespoons chopped tomato, 1 teaspoons of sliced black olives and a sprinkle of green onion.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married, have three children and two grandchildren. My youngest "oops" baby is just turning 17 and is going to be a senior in high school in the fall.. I love to cook and collect recipes. I get a lot of my good recipes from church potlucks. Since I am now retired and a stay at home mom, I have time to search the RecipeZaar site and try a lot of the recipes. We love living on the coast and would never move back inland!