photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce coconut rum (or 1 1/2 oz. of light rum and 1/2 oz. of coconut cream)
- 2 ounces fresh strawberries (frozen ok)
- 1 small banana
- 2 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 ounces coconut cream
- Blend the 2 rums and the strawberries in a blender to form a smooth paste.
- Pour this mixture into a tall (Collins or Hurricane) glass. Rinse the blender.
- Blend the banana, the coconut cream, and the pineapple juice in blender with crushed ice until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the glass with the rums very slowly.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Aloha! I just recently started spending more time in the kitchen and am learning that cooking and baking can be fun as well as challenging. My favorite cookbook resources are my 'gourmet' sister and the very patient and generous Ohana of Zaar. Mahalo nui loa! <br /><br />My rating system: The first time I try a recipe, I follow the instructions as given; if I do a little tweaking, I keep that in mind when rating. It's not right to rate lower because of something I did or didn't do. <br />***** ... Excellent! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />**** ... Loved It! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />No stars ... May be an excellent recipe but I was unable to get it to work for me. May or may not try again later. We don't all have the same taste preferences. I've found recipes with lots of five stars that just didn't work for me and some with less that I thought were great. <br />Thank you All for sharing!</p>