Tropical Fruity Jello
To make jello a little more interesting, I added my favourite tropical fruits and it worked beautifully! This is so refreshing on a hot day and the low sugar version is great for waistline-watchers. I use sugar free jello but feel free to use a small packet of regular peach jello. I have been told that fresh pineapple prevents gelatin from setting so only use canned for this recipe. Cook time is chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar free peach Jello
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3⁄4 cup canned pineapple chunk (cut into smaller cubes if desired)
- 1 cup pineapple juice, from the can of pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh mango
- In a heatproof jug, mix the jello powder with the boiling water until dissolved.
- Add the cold water and pineapple juice. Put in the fridge for about an hour, until starting to set but not set yet.
- Add the fruit, evenly scattered through the jello (if it immediately falls to the bottom, put it back in the fridge to set a little more).
- Put back in the fridge until completely set.