Kung Pao Tofu Rice Salad
- Ready In:
- Prepare dressing by placing vinegar through salt in a bowl or shaker.
- Whisk or shake till well blended.
- Place rice in a large serving bowl and add in carrot, bok choy, onion, cilantro, and tofu.
- Toss to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over rice salad and serve.
- Note: This recipe originally called for the rice to be brought to room temperature. This is fine, but please be aware that rice allowed to come to room temperature for long periods should not then be stored in the fridge and then eaten as leftovers--you could wind up with a very unpleasant bout of food poisoning. If you would like to use leftovers, you should chill your rice in the fridge immediately after cooking, prepare the salad with the cold rice, and immediately refrigerate any excess. If you require more information, Google "Bacillus cereus" and "rice".
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and raised in the USA but now live in Melbourne, Australia. I have been here since 1999. My husband is Australian. We have two daughters (born May '05 and May '07) and a yellow Labrador. I cook mainly for my family. I do my best to feed them (and myself) plenty of whole grains and vegetables, with small amounts of lean meats and "good fats". Most of my recipes will lean in that direction, although sometimes I will post something that just tastes good!