Krompir Juha – Croatian Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- 3 potatoes, peeled, boiled and roughly broken with a fork (keep the water they were boiled in)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 liter potato water
- 1⁄4 cup risoni
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Vegeta
- chopped flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- In a saucepan fry the onion in the oil over medium heat until golden.
- Add the paprika and saute for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Add the potato water, the cooked potato and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the risoni and reduce to a simmer. Season with Vegeta and add the tomato paste and allow to cook until the risoni is done.
- 5.Serve with crusty bread, chopped parsley and lots of cracked black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the Mid-West with two grown sons a cat and a dog...