Klondike Kate's Tin Roof Pie
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes (measured after crushing)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- to make the crust: with a fork, combine the peanut butter and corn syrup, then gradually incorporate the cornflakes. when mixture becomes hard to handle, mix with hands. pat it down and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. to make the pie filling: pat the softened ice cream into the crust. smooth the top with a rubber spatula. wrap the pie with plastic wrap and freeze it for at least 2 hours or until ice cream is frozen solid. to serve: dip a knife into hot water and slice the pie into servings.top with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and chopped nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i have just moved back home to upstate s.c., and already have put on 10 pounds eating this good old fashioned home cooking, southern style!!!