King Fish Biriyani
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
this is a delicious recipe using king fish,and its special because this is the first recipe i am posting,i think its worth the effort
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄2 kg kingfish
- 6 onions, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon green chili paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 4 tablespoons curds
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf (Pudhina)
- 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons red chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups basmati rice
- 5 cups water
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 2 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ghee, to fry the rice
- cashews, raisins
- PREPARING MASALA
- Marinate fish fillets with turmeric powder, red chilly powder, ginger-garlic paste and fennel seeds powder for 1 hr in a refrigerator.
- Fry the marinatd fish fillets in ghee.
- Remove them to a plate and heat up the same pan.
- Add onion and fry, till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic-chilly paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato, garam masala, salt, coriander leaves and mint leaves and cook for a few minutes.
- Add yoghurt.
- Put the fried fish fillets in this masala.
- Heat some ghee in a large pan
- fry cashews and raisins and remove
- fry the rice till its slightly yellow in colour.(make sure it doesnt turn brown ,when you see one or two getting brown in colour tht means its time to turn it off.).
- while you are frying the rice in a seprate pan.
- boil 5 cups of water adding salt, turmeric powder, cardamom ,cloves and cinnamon.
- after the rice turns slightly yellow pour the boiling water into the rice and close the pan keep it on medium heat and allow the rice to cook and all the water to dry.the frying of rice will ensure tht it does not get sticky.
- LAYERING OF MASALA AND RICE.
- Heat a little ghee in a pan.
- Put a little of cooked rice and spread 1 tsp of lime juice,cashews and raisins over it.
- Put one layer of the fish masala above that and repeat the process till the rice and masala are over.
- (Take care not to break the fish fillets. ).
- Close the lid tightly and heat on a low flame for about 10 minutes
- Mix before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION