Kielbasa Cheesy Noodle Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 lbs of smoked kielbasa
- 1 bag small shell pasta or 1 bag elbow macaroni (any pasta shape can be used)
- 1 onion, diced (more or less to desired taste)
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper, diced (my family prefers green pepper)
- 1⁄2 package cubed Velveeta cheese (or 1 cup of your cheese of choice....we prefer Velveeta because it's creamier)
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the Pasta as directed on package.
- Drain and pour into large Oven-Safe Casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, saute the diced onion and pepper in 2 Tbsp of butter or Olive Oil.
- Slice the smoked sausage links into small pieces and add to the skillet with the onion and pepper.
- When the sausage is browned (most smoke sausages are precooked, so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to brown).
- add the contents of the skillet (sausage, pepper and onion) to the pasta in the Casserole Dish.
- Mix well.
- Add the cubed or shredded cheese.
- Add the 1/2 cup milk or water to the mixture.
- Salt and Pepper if desired.
- Stir well.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes (or until it all melts together).
- I usually serve with Boiled or Mashed potatoes, Saurkraut and Hot Rolls on the side.
- and believe it or not-- the kids LOVE IT!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!