- Ready In:
One meal for 2
- 1 1⁄4 cups basmati rice
- 1⁄8 cup masoor dal (Red Lentils)
- 1⁄8 cup yellow moong dal (Green Gram)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely sliced)
- 1 tomatoes (cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 -3 green chilies (cut into 2)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
- 8 -10 mint leaves
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 pods cloves
- Wash the rice in 3-4 waters and keep aside. Wash the pulses together in 3-4 waters and keep aside.
- In a skillet add the clarified butter and oil on high flame. When the clarified butter melts and mixes with the oil add the cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Add the sliced onions and green chillies and fry until the onions are transparent and just start to turn brown. Lower the flame.
- Drain water from the washed pulses and add them to the onions. Mix well for a minute or two.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well. Add washed corriander leaves and mix well.
- After a minute add the tomato pieces, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Drain the water from the washed rice. Add the rice to this and mix well to coat the rice with the rest of the ingredients. Turn off the flame.
- In a electric rice cooker, pour the rice with the rest of the ingredients. Add 3 cups of water, salt to taste.
- Now put the mint leaves on top and turn on the rice cooker for the rice to be done. Leave the cooker on warm for 15mins before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!