Rice and mung bean dhal
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 150 g rice
- 100 g mung beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 dash white vinegar
- Combine the rice and dhal in a bowl and rinse repeatedly until the water becomes clear. Soak for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the cumin. Fry until it starts to pop, then add the onion. Stir fry for around 4 minutes then add the tomato, ginger, chili, turmeric and vinegar. Stir fry until the tomato breaks up, around 5 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a rice cooker plus around 600 ml of water (enough to just cover the rice/dhal).
- Cook for 10 minutes then leave to keep warm for a further 15 minutes without opening the lid.
- Add a little butter, mix well and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION