Kahlua French Toast
Easy breakfast treat, sometimes I dust them lightly with powdered sugar instead of syrup.
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated cinnamon, or to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 1 loaf sliced bread (cinnamon, raisin or your favourite, 1 lb. loaf )
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut, toasted
- Beat eggs, add remaining ingredients ( except bread, pecans and coconut ).
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture and cook on hot, lightly oiled skillet or griddle until golden brown on each side.
- Sprinkle some pecans and coconut on top of each serving, Or serve with your favourite syrup or top with fruit.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yum! This was easy to make. I used regular bread because that is what I had on hand. The kahlua wasn't over powering. Gave the french toast a nice aroma. I bumped it up to 5 eggs added a few tablespoons of milk and got enough for 12 pieces of french toast. Thanks for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs Nov 2008Reply