- Ready In:
- 2 ounces unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups strawberry puree, strained
- granulated sugar or superfine sugar, to coat
- Prepare a 6-inch square pan by wetting it lightly with water, and wetting a knife or cookie cutter. Or use a mold pan.
- Stir together the gelatin and sugar in a medium saucepan, then add the puree and 2/3 cup water.
- Stir over medium heat until the sugar and gelatin are dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared pan and allow to set completely.
- Once set, turn out of the pan onto waxed paper. Cut into squares or shapes with the prepared, wetted tool of your choice.
- Roll candies in granulated or superfine sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">