Joe's Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
photo by MarraMamba
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, about 16 medium
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, Softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch white pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cut top 1/4-inch garlic head and wrap head in foil.
- Roast garlic 40 to 50 minutes, or until very soft, and cool.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from head and reserve.
- 3In a 4-quart saucepan cover potatoes (unpeeled) with water by 2-inches and simmer until very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander (do not peel).
- Transfer potatoes while still hot to a large bowl and add butter.
- With an electric mixer on low speed mash slightly.
- Beat in sour cream, buttermilk, chives, and oil until combined well.
- Add Parmesan, reserved garlic, pepper, and salt to taste, beating until smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious, creamy mashed potatoes! The garlic really enhances great flavors in these potatoes. We tasted them before and after adding the garlic and realized how much better the taste was after adding the garlic! We brought these potatoes to a potluck and everyone LOVED them! Thanks! Made for Zaar tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"