Jami's "smart" Buttermilk Biscuits
photo by TheBlueJeanChef
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450 (425 convection).
- Line a baking pan with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add chopped spread and cut in with a pastry blender or 2 forks until a fine crumble is achieved.
- Add buttermilk and combine with a fork.
- Gradually add the milk until all the dry ingredients are moist and a loose moist dough is formed.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead with lightly floured hands. 8 to 10 turns or until the dough begins to tighten up a bit, careful not to over do it or your biscuts will be tough.
- Roll out to about 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out with a 2" biscut cutter or a glass dipped in flour will work as well. Should yeild 8 to 10 biscuts.
- Arrange on the baking sheet with the sides lightly touching.
- Baking 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove and serve warm.
- These are great with a little butter and honey.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!