Jamie Olivers Amazing Pizza Dough
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 800 g 'oo' strong flour
- 200 g semolina flour
- 15 ml salt
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml caster sugar
- 2 (7 g) sachets dried yeast
- 650 ml lukewarm water
- Sieve flour, semolina flour, and salt onto a clean surface.
- Make a well in the middle.
- Mix oil, sugar, yeast and lukewarm water; leave for a few minutes to activate the yeast.
- Pour oil/water mixture into the well of the flour mixture.
- Slowly incorporate with a fork untill most of it is mixed.
- Get your floured hands in there and knead until a smooth springy dough is achieved.
- Place dough in a floured bowl; sprinkle with flour.
- Cover with a wet tea towel and leave in a warm spot for an hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down and divide into 6 to 8 pieces. You can freeze at this point if you want to.
- Roll out about 3mm thick.
- Place on an olive oiled, and floured, sheet of tin foil.
- Stack them up for 15 minutes to rest before adding toppings and cooking.
- Preheat oven to its hottest setting.
- Place baking trays inside.
- When the dough is rested, remove hot tray from oven.
- Place dough, without the foil, in the oven.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!