Jam & Coconut Filled Muffins
Yummy muffin recipe here, and easy to make! You may need to make a few batches though! 8)
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons jam (any kind you like!)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Sift together flour and baking powder; stir in sugar and coconut.
- Beat the egg, vanilla extract, milk and oil together.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mixture.
- Mix just until combined.
- Drop a large tablespoon of batter into each tin.
- Add a teaspoon of jam to each and the rest of the batter.
- Sprinkle the tops with a little bit of coconut.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until well risen and firm to the touch.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I liked the texture of the coconut in the muffin but the taste was a little bland and the coconut on top started to burn. The jam did not add much to the taste of the muffin - maybe I overbaked them, I don't know. Would try this recipe again but maybe without the jam. Any feedback on where I may have gone wrong? Thanks.Reply