Jalapeno Rice- Low Fat
photo by Debi9400
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup chicken broth (can or box, homemade or made with bullion)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped. (Remove at least 1/2 the seeds unless you like spicy!)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sautee onion in olive oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot with a tight-fitting lid, bring to a boil, and then simmer until cooked (30-40 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Although my screen name is Chicago Clare, I should now really be "SW Florida Clare" since my dog, Gus, and I moved in 2007 after I married my wonderful husband. I'm enjoying being a newlywed and am finding that cooking is such a joy when it's not just for me! I went from cooking maybe once a week and going through drive-thrus the rest of the time to now where I am trying about one new recipe a week, and my husband even comes to this site to find new and exciting things for him to make for us. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">