Italian Sausages With Cabbage and Onion
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An easy old-fashioned comfort meal, that tastes better the second day.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 2mins
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 large cabbage, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
- In a large mixing bowl put the onions, cabbage and garlic. Set aside.
- In a dutch oven, or other large vessel, put the olive oil. Slice the sausages (hot or mild) into bite-size pieces, adding more if you want more meat.
- Heat the oil over high heat, and when hot, add the sausage pieces and stir-fry until well browned.
- Add the ingredients from the mixing bowl, the salt, pepper, vinegar and water.
- Mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. If needed, add a bit more water.
- When the cabbage is very tender, remove cover and increase heat to evaporate any excess liquid. Check for salt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION