1. Heat oil in large saucepan and add garlic and onion, stirring until onion becomes translucent and garlic is nicely browned, about 6 minutes.
2. Add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, italian seasonings and oregano.
3. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer on low-med heat for about a half hour to let all the seasonings meld together.
4. While tomato mixture simmers, bring 3 cups of water to a boil with the 2 bouillon cubes.
5. Mix together 1 cup cornmeal and 1 cup cold water and pour into boiling water. Stir constantly until it returns to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally until thick. (The thickness is up to you. Cook until desire consistency.).
6. Add the Parmesan cheese and butter and stir into polenta.
7. To serve, place about 1/2-3/4 cup of polenta on plate and place 3/4 cup or so of tomato mixture on top. Garnish with more Parmesan cheese if desired.