4-Ingredient Italian Beef
My fiance introduced me to this recipe. His mom has been making it for years and is well known throughout his family. It is very easy and delicious!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers (whole or sliced)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packet Italian salad dressing mix (dry)
- 2 loaves italian sweet bread
- At medium high heat, brown all sides of the roast in a large pan.
- Pour all the contents in the jar of pepperoncini's onto the roast.
- Pour the Italian dressing seasoning mix into the liquid around the roast and stir to dissolve.
- Turn the heat down to low and let cook for 4-6 hours, until the meat falls apart when pulled apart with forks.
- Place the italian bread in the oven at 350 degrees until toasted. (about 4 minutes) Cut into desired size and slice in half, place the meat on the bread and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wonderful tasting roast! I usually make something similar to this in the crock pot. To be honest I have never fixed a roast in the oven or on the stove top (other then browning before throwing in the crock pot). Once my roast was nicely browned, I poured in the pepperoncini peppers along with their juice. I will caution others to be careful when you do this...the steam that comes rushing up can really burn your eyes because of the vinegar in the pickling juice. I do not use the packaged Italian dressing mix because it contains an ingredient that my daughter is allergic to, so I subbed a little over 1/4 cup of a pre made organic Italian salad dressing in its place. I did not realize that my children ate the loaf of bread I had purchased to go with the beef... so I served it along side a salad and rice. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.