Irish Potato Kielbasa
photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 400 g potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 irish pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 fresh cayenne peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 130 ml water
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the sausage until brown all over. Remove from the pan and cut into 25 mm pieces.
- Cut the potatoes into 20mm cubes and add to the pan together with the onions and chilis. Add a little more oil if necessary. Stir fry until the potatoes are brown on all sides.
- Return the cut sausages, together the water, tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt and pepper to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Cover tightly and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little more water if necessary.
- Remove the cover and cook uncovered until any liquid reduces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!