- Ready In:
- Toast the almonds and oatmeal in a pan until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Whip the cream until smooth, but not stiff.
- Warm the honey VERY slightly, so that it will run easily.
- Fold the honey, whiskey, half of the toasted almonds & oatmeal, half the berries if using them & the lemon juice into the cream.
- Mix thoroughly but lightly, and spoon into tall individual glasses. (looks lovely in wine or champaign glasses).
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds/oatmeal and berries on top.
- Chill and Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My DH and I liked this pretty well, however, we both agreed that if we hadn't put the strawberries in it this wouldn't have been nearly as good. The only "tweaks" I made were: 1. didn't have any almonds, so I left them out. 2. I forgot to put the lemon juice in--I'm not sure that we missed it though...??? I think I needed to whip the cream a bit more, because the strawberries wanted to sink to the bottom, which again, I don't feel that that affected the flavor. Overall, very good....will make again, probably in the spring/summer when the weather is more suited for it. Thanks!!