photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
1 large loaf
- 3 -4 lbs lean ground beef (usually use 7% fat beef)
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can of el pato tomato sauce
- 1 cup catsup (eyeballed not exact measurement)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant cornbread stuffing mix, crushed fine (seasoning and all)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, chopped seeds and all
- catsup, for the top (optional)
- Mix all well.
- Place in 9X13 pan.
- We prefer flat and square but can also do it as a large loaf.
- Spread catsup on top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approx 1 1/2 hours.
- (until desired doneness).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm happy to give this recipe 5 stars. It is a nice firm meatloaf..(the kind that will make wonderful sandwiches..YUM). I did have to make a substitution, I was out of tomato sauce, so blended a can of diced tomatoes with chilies, and used that. I did leave out the jalapenos since they were in the sauce. I also used some of the sauce and catsup on the top, since I had some left. Good recipe Katie, we enjoyed it and Hubby "did good". Donna
What a great recipe! I love the idea of the cornbread stuffing in this recipe. It really held the meatloaf together very well. I did leave out the jalapeno peppers cause I didn't have any on hand and I used Hunt's tomato sauce in place of el pato tomato sauce. Its very simple to come together and WOW! does it ever more smell your house with a wonderful smell. YUM!! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful meatloaf recipe. So glad I picked it for the photo swap 6. :)
THIS IS A WONDERFUL MEATLOAF!!!! Great flavor....and sooooo moist! That is usually the problem with meatloaf is it gets to dry, this recipe is just perfect!! I served this when my folks were visiting and it became my Mom's (and our) new favorite Meatloaf recipe. Even my Dad who says he doesn't normally like meatloaf had 3 pieces! It was so cool this makes a great loaf so we all had meatloaf sandwiches the next day and there was still some left over, lucky for us!!!! Thanks to Katie in the U.P.'s hubby and thanks to Katie for sharing.