Hot Swiss and Bacon Dip
- Ready In:
- 8 slices bacon, center-cut, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmans)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown the chopped bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the crisp bacon bits on some paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, mayo, Dijon, Swiss cheese and chopped scallions with the cooked bacon.
- Transfer this mixture to a shallow, small casserole or baking dish and bake until golden and bubbly at the edges - about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Top with the chopped almonds and serve!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"Hello! I have a wonderful husband and two fantastic kids. I love to read, have fun with family and friends, stay active with: running; soccer; golf; biking; hiking; and gardening. I love to travel. I'm looking forward to more international travel someday. Cooking has become a passion for me. I love to read cookbooks, watch the Food Network, and try new recipes. I have way too many cookbooks! A few of my favorites are: Barefoot Contessa (any - but especially 'Family Style'),Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals 2, Roasting by Barbara Kafka, Beyond Parsley & The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. I try to carefully choose recipes that I think my family will enjoy, which is why most of my ratings are 3-5 stars. Happy cooking!"
Join The Conversation
I am so glad I tried this dip! I made this last night for hubby and I to munch on during the football game. I was going to halve the recipe for just the two of us, but I made the entire batch. I'm happy that I did... between just us, we polished it off and skipped dinner altogether. I made this exactly as written, with the exception that I did not put any nuts on top. It was so warm, gooey and fabulous! I served it with homemade pita chips and store bought bagel chips. Definitely saving this one! Thanks for posting. (Made for PRMR)
This is a great dip and we really enjoyed it. I must tell you about a mistake I made while whipping this up - I was looking at the laptop, and it went to sleep, as I was measuring ingredients together...I didn't wake it back up, as I'd read through the recipe 3-4 times. Well, it actually calls for 2 tsp. of the dijon, which I mistakenly *remembered* as 2 TBSP. OMGoodness, but it was too late - I'd already mixed up everything together. So, I added 2-3 tbsp. of mayo and another 2 oz. or so of the cream cheese, to try to bring that flavor down a bit. I also added a touch of honey, hoping to offset the dijon. I mixed about half of the almonds in with everything else, topping with the remainder. I was successful, but the lesson is, RE-READ the recipe, even if you 'know' what is in the recipe and are sure of the amounts. LOL Thanks for sharing a great dip, LifeIsGood!