Hot Cherry Dumplings
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Southern Living's Quick and Easy Cookbook
- Ready In:
- 2 (17 ounce) cans sour pitted cherries, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups biscuit mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup whipped cream (optional)
- Combine cherries and water in a 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt; stir into cherry mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and clear. Add food coloring, if desired.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and biscuit mix; stir in milk. Drop by spoonfuls on hot cherry mixture.
- Cover tightly and cook gently over medium heat about 15 minutes or until dumplings are firm.
- Serve hot dumplings in compote; pour cherry mixture over dumplings, and top with whipped cream, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION