Hot-and-Sour Sauce (Stir Fry)
This sauce recipe is enough to coat 3/4 pound beef, chicken, pork, seafood, or tofu plus 1 1/2 pounds chopped vegetables and aromatics such as garlic, ginger and scallions. From Cook's Illustrated.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced jalapenos or 1 1/2 tablespoons other fresh chili peppers
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl and set aside until needed (Sauce can be prepared a few hours in advance.) Once all ingredients have been stir-fried, add sauce to pan along with any ingredients that have been stir-fried and then removed from pan.
- Stir-fry until ingredients are well coated with sauce and sizzling hot, about 1 minute.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation