Honey Roasted Pears With Brandy Vanilla Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄4 cup good-quality brandy
- 4 firm ripe pears (Bosc, Bartlett, D'anjou)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- orange slice, and
- lemon slice, for garnish
For the brandy ice cream:
- Stir together the ice cream and the brandy until well blended. Freeze until serving time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the pears:
- Halve, peel and core pears. Immediately sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning. In a large, rimmed baking pan, mix the remaining lemon juice with the butter, honey and vanilla. Stir in the orange and lemon zest, and the spices. With a small, sharp knife, score the rounded part of each pear half diagonally in one direction, then the other, to form a diamond pattern. Place pears cut side down in baking pan. Spoon honey mixture over pears.
- Bake pears 40-45 minutes, basting them with pan juices every 10 minutes or so, until the are very soft when pierced. Place one pear half on each plate and place scoops of ice cream around them. Garnish with the lemon and orange slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I began cooking as a kid with my mom. I cook mostly Mexican food, but my best recipes are the ones that I improvise at the last minute! Especially desserts, which I love to cook, but always forget to write down. I'm a stay at home mom of three kids- 2 boys (3 & 5years old) and a 1 year old baby girl. My husband and I have been married for nearly 8 years. I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have made my recipes and even took the time to review and/or photograph them. I appreciate every one of them! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/cookbookZWT.jpg" border="0" alt="I am alw"> <img src="http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/banner2009.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"width=90%> <img src="http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg"> <a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=278234"><img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/ruemke/banners/beans-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/IRecommendGame_AssortedChoc-part-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Other/Elves-appreciationSTICKER.jpg">