Honey Pineapple Chicken
photo by Bayhill
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In a skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches on both sides; transfer to a 5 qt slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Strain pan juices, reserving pineapple. Serve pineapple over the chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was just coming to post this, since I just finished popping it into the crockpot for tonight's dinner. I love this recipe! It is so fast and easy, and just delicious when done. Super tender, too. I never bother to brown the chicken (and so never use the oil), and I am allergic to pineapple, so I sub 1/4 c. apple juice for the liquid in the can of pineapple and don't bother with any fruit. Served over rice, this is a terrific meal. I believe the recipe originally came from Taste of Home - that's where I got my copy, I think.
I am giving this 5 stars even though I ended up changing the recipe a bit. I thought I had pineapple but when I went to get it, I found I did not. I used a 11oz can of Mandarin oranges instead. It was very good. the chicken was nice a tender. the sauce was good. Not too sweet but just sweet enough. We added a bit of salt after we served it. I thought the soy would be enough but we like things a little saltier I guess. The only thing that gave mixed feeling were the oranges. DD#1 liked them and DD#2 didn't. She thought they were to smooshy. I served it with buttered noodles. Good recipe!!