Honey-Glazed Ham With Fresh Pineapple Chutney
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 7 lbs pre-packaged cooked ham
- 1 fresh pineapple, skinned, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2⁄3 cup non-alcoholic apple cider brandy (I use real Brandy)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to your taste)
- Preheat oven to 375 F In a small bowl, blend honey, orange juice and cloves. Place ham in a foil-lined pan, roast for 30 minutes and brush with half the glaze. Continue roasting,brushing halfway through with remaining glaze, to an internal temperature of 140 F, about 20 minutes more. For the chutney, combine pineapple, cider, onion, cinnamon, and pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Place over medium heat for about 10 to 20 minutes and stir frequently until pineapple is tender. Discard cinnamon stick and serve chutney warm with ham or cool to us as a spread on cream cheese. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!