Honey Dijon Pork Chops
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 4 center-cut pork chops, bone-in
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups white wine (cooking wine works fine)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over med high heat.
- Add a light coating of salt and pepper to pork chops.
- Add pork chops to pan, cook until browned on each side (approx. 4 min each side).
- Remove pork chops from pan and set aside.
- Add honey, mustard and wine to pan.
- Bring to a low boil for 2 minutes.
- Put pork chops back into pan with sauce.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn pork, simmer another 5 minutes, or until pork is cooked and no longer pink.
- Serve pork chops with sauce drizzled on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
With so may five star reviews I felt good about making this even though I could not predict how the taste would be. The sweet of the honey and savory dijon and wine? Well, it turned out to be delicious! It was kind of a sweet and sour taste but savory. I also added about 1/2 of a thinly sliced onion to my pork chops about 5 minutes before adding the wine sauce. I had my small piece of pork covered in sauce, inteding to eat light and ended up going back for more. Very good, so easy and with things I always have on hand. Thanks for sharing.
This was an excellent dish. I substituted boneless pork loin chops and used T. Marzetti's Honey Dijon salad dressing, because I didn't have enough dijon mustard on hand. I made the recipe for two and cut everything in half and used a small bottle of Kendal Jackson Chardoney. The flavor was wonderful and the chops were tender. I would make this again in a heartbeat. Thanks!
see 10 more reviews