Homemade Corn Bread With Honey Butter
photo by abigler_06
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour (corn meal in the US)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour, corn flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix vegetable oil and melted butter together.
- Add eggs to veg/butter mix and stir until blended.
- Add egg/veg/butter mix to the flour mix.
- Add the cup of milk to the mixture and stir until the mixture is blended without any clumping.
- Pour mixture into 12 greased muffin tins (each muffin tin should be filled with only a little space at the top.
- Bake for around 25-30 minutes. Tops should be golden and fairly stiff, and a toothpick should come out clean.
- Melt the butter in the microwave until completely melted.
- Add the honey to the mixture.
- More honey can be added for a sweeter spread.
- Stir with a whisk and refrigerate until needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking is one of my many passions and hobbies. I love creating new, inventive things. My fianc? is French, I am a Kansan, and we are living in England, so I've encountered new and exciting ingredients to play around with.