- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons shortening
- 2⁄3 - 3⁄4 cup milk
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk all at once and mix till mixture follows fork around bowl.
- Turn out on lightly floured board.
- Knead gently for about 1/2 minute.
- Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick.
- Flour rim of glass or biscuit cutter and cut out biscuits.
- Put on (ungreased) cookie sheet and bake at 450° for 12 to 15 minutes.
Join The Conversation