Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake
photo by TheRedneckHippie
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa, Hershey's
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa, Hershey's
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with "Perfectly Chocolate" chocolate frosting.
- "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Frosting.
- Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount of additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. Makes about 2 cups frosting.
- One-Pan cake: Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool completely. Frost.
- Three Layer Cake: Grease and flour three 8-inch round baking pans. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost.
- Bundt Cake: Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost.
- Cupcakes: Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely. Frost. Makes about 30 cupcakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this chocolate cake with the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Icing and it tasted amazing, by far the best cake I have ever tasted. I am new to making cakes, so I am trying to find the best recipes for the future, this is definitely number 1. Very rich, sweet, and just, amazing! I completely recommend this cake (with the Hershey's icing) as it is easy to make and it tastes wonderful. Don't do cake mix, make this cake, you will regret it if you don't.
I made the Hershey's Perfectly chocolate cake to have for the Super Bowl/father in laws b-day on 2/1/15 and the cake was the best chocolate cake I have ever had and every single one of my guests told me how much they loved it and I was passing the recipe forward! I made a peanut butter frosting instead of the typical chocolate and it was so good! I will make this chocolate cake again! It is easy and doesn't take long!
THE BEST Chocolate Cake. I've tried quite a few, including Martha Stewart's, and this one is far and away the moistest and chocolatiest chocolate cake out of them all. Nice bonus that it's so easy to make, and doesn't call for any uncommon ingredients so no special grocery shopping trip needed. A fabulous tasting cake I can whip up at a moment's notice with things I already have on hand? LOVE THAT. Definitely a keeper of a recipe.