Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Frosting
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter. Stir in cocoa.
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Add a small amount of additional milk, if needed.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Tip: If the frosting is too thin to spread or pipe, you can put it in the refrigerator to thicken for a little bit, take it out, and then stir so it becomes creamy again.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This review is going to be a bit confusing,I first made this recipe on 3/2/2006. I first saw it posted by DiScharf. But her recipe is no longer on this site,but strangely enough my photos which were posted to that particular recipe on 3/2/2006 are on this recipe. So I'm redoing my review. I've made this recipe SEVERAL times over the last 10 years and found it to be the best chocolate cake there ever was. And anytime I need a chocolate this will Be my " go to " recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?