- Ready In:
- 12 ounces creamed herring fillets
- 12 ounces pickled beets, drained and diced
- 1⁄4 cup beet liquid
- 4 ounces onions, diced
- 1 apple, diced (crunchier the better)
- capers (optional)
- Cut herring into small pieces and place in bowl with cream and onions.
- Add beets and apple.
- Mix until cream sauce is a rosy color.
- Add beet liquid and onions and blend.
- Add capers to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.