Herb-Wine "dump" Chicken (Oamc)
- Ready In:
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the bag is sealed completely.
- For the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For the crockpot: cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 or until done.
- On the grill: cook over medium heat until juices run clear.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this a while ago and froze it. I thawed it out overnight and cooked it on low all day in my crockpot. I used red wine but my chicken wasn't purple after it cooked all day long. My husband threw in some carrots and a few whole mushrooms to the crock pot. The shrooms soaked up the flavor from the broth and was sooooo yummy. We served it over rice and there were no leftovers.
This turned out very well. I made it with white wine instead of red and grilled the chicken. It marinated a full day in the fridge after thawing so it had a good long chance to pick up the flavor. I also tucked a sprig of rosemary along the fold between the breast (used boneless/skinless) and tenderloin.