- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 (30 ounce) bag frozen hash browns (cubed or shredded)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheese (jack and mild cheddar mix is best)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped brown onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt butter or margarine and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine frozen hash browns, onion, soup, milk, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour in 1/2 cup of the melted butter to potato mix, set reserve aside.
- Mix well and transfer to a casserole dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl pour in cornflakes, drizzle remaining butter over cornflakes and continue to mix well until most pieces are lightly coated (cereal will be shiny but not soggy).
- Cover all potatoes with cereal. Cover and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for about 30 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
- (If you are making this ahead of time, cover cooked potatoes and keep warm, uncover and put back in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes before serving, this will make the topping crispy).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Just a girl who knows how to stir it up. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">