Hearty Chicken Stew With Red Wine & Cream
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- In a large stove-top casserole pot, place the chicken breasts (diced into chunky bite-sized pieces) along with the sliced carrots, parsnips, onion and mushroom. Add the chopped garlic cloves and pour over the boiling water with the stock cubes.
- Turn the heat on medium-high and mix thoroughly to dissolve the stock cubes and to ensure the meat and veg are mixed evenly.
- Simmer for approx 20 mins and then add the glass of wine along with the herbs and salt, to taste.
- Cook over a low-medium heat until the meat has cooked through and the vegetables are well-cooked (approx 1 hour).
- Add the cream and stir gently. To thicken, you can either add a thickening agent such as cornflour mixed with milk or a packet of soup or you can remove some of the vegetables, puree them and then return to the pot and mix through.
- Best served hot with crusty bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking. I'm not a great "chef" but nothing relaxes me more than spending hours (that i have to spare) in the kitchen inventing new dishes or trying out new recipes. Unfortunately, i'm a very picky eater myself so I tend to only cook things that I personally like, which is tough on my friends and family, but it means I put a lot of effort into making my meals extra-tasty!