Healthy Whole Wheat Bread
Everyone loves the smell of homemade bread. I've decided to start making my own bread in my new journey to eat more natural. So many foods have random stuff in them. This is a simple recipe and I use my bread machine to knead the dough
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground flax seed (optional)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients in order they are listed into your bread machine and use dough setting.
- Remove dough from machine once cycle is done form into a loaf. Place in greased loaf pan and cover. Let rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. If loaf starts browning too soon, lightly lay a piece of foil on top of the loaf to prevent too much darkening.
- Remove bread from oven and allow to rest in pan for a few minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cover with a cloth. Slice and enjoy while still warm!
- *If you do not have agave nectar or applesauce, you can use the same amounts of honey and oil, respectively. The above is a healthier alternative.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION