HEALTHY ASIAN LETTUCE WRAPS
photo by Barenakedchef
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs 96% lean ground beef (or any ground meat you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 inch piece ginger, diced
- 3⁄4 cup water chestnut, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- bibb lettuce
- shredded carrot
- roughly chopped peanuts
- toasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onion
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add in the ground beef and break it apart with a cooking spoon into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook till no longer pink. Set aside on a separate plate.
- In the same pan, cook the onion, garlic, and ginger for 3-4 minutes. Add the meat and water chestnuts into the pan.
- Stir in the hoisin sauce and soy sauce and cook everything together for a few minutes.
- To serve, place the meat mixture in the lettuce cups and top with shredded carrots, peanuts, sesame seeds, green onion, and extra hoisin sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!