Hash Browns Quiche
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and drained well
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, diced into very small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Presh hash browns between paper towels to be sure to get all moisture out.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased, deep dish 9" pie plate.
- Drizzle butter over hash browns.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ham and cheese.
- When the hash browns are browned, spread the ham and cheese mixture over the top.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour evenly over the ham and cheese mixture.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 and bake the quiche for 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Hint: my family loved this with sauted garlic mushrooms served over the top of each slice, salsa would be good served over the top also.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love it! Had to make it into a 9 x 13 pan size. It was so good the first time, the only problem is it wasn't enough. I thought it was a little on the dry side, would have been good with sour cream or salsa on top, but tonight I'm making it again and am going to try a cup of cottage cheese to make it a tad more moist.
see 21 more reviews
Great Dish! Using the hash browns as the crust was fantastic. I made a couple of changes. Instead of ham I used 1lb of Jimmy Deans hot sausage and I added onions. For cheese all I had was an italian blend and parmesan which I used but it turned out fabulous. I did have to soak up the oil that was on top but otherwise it was a huge hit. Thanks for the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Well, in trying to make a few corrections on my about me page, I managed to delete all the banners I have had in the past. So bear with me as I try to rebuild this mistake <img src=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Contest%20Banners%20-%20Feb%202010/05-1-1-1-1.jpg border=0 alt= />.<img src=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Contest%20Banners%20-%20Feb%202010/beans3Participant-1.jpg alt= width=300 height=200 /><a href=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Contest%20Banners%20-%20Feb%202010/beans3Participant-1.jpg><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/Sharon123CookathonParticipationSticker.jpg alt= width=406 height=111 /></a><a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/?action=view?t=HolidayOrnamentSwapTag2c-1-1-1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/HolidayOrnamentSwapTag2c-1-1-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg alt= /><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/ZaarStar-AMBanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/dcmac/dpg11.gif alt= /></a></p> <p> </p>