Harvest Pumpkin & Squash Soup
photo by BearsFanJeff
- Ready In:
- 4 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 4 cups pie pumpkin, cubed
- 2 cups apples, cubed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot, combine the squash, pumpkin, apple, onion and stock.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until the pumpkin and squash are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the mix into a food processor and blend until smooth. I did this in several batches.
- Pour the processed soup into another pot or crock pot to reheat.
- Simmer and add the cream, curry powder, salt and sugar. Stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Serve hot or the soup can be refrigerated or frozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!