Harvest Chiffon Pie (Weight Watchers Points = 5)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 18mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs butternut squash, cut in half lenghwise and seeded
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the squash, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes. Turn cut side up and let cool.
- Scoop the flesh out of the squash and transfer to a medium bowl. Mash well with a potato masher until smooth (you should have about 1 3/4 cups). Add the sugar, egg, pie spice and salt beating with a whisk until blended.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the evaporated milk in a large saucepan; whisk and then let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Set the pan over medium heat, stirring frequently until the gelatin is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Stir in the squash mixture and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture just begins to boil, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until the squash mixture mounds and begins to set, about 1 hour.
- Gently whisk the squash mixture until smooth. With a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping. Pour the mixture into the crust. Sprinkle with the pecans. Refrigerate until set and firm, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- GOOD IDEA: For an additional 1 points value, drizzle each serving of pie with 1 tablespoon chocolate-fudge syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!