Hard Shell Tacos
I've been making these tacos for over a year now, and they are always a huge hit with my family. Even my brothers can't complain about them! You can make them vegetarian or with beef, or both! Simply replace the refried beans with ground beef or turkey and a packet of taco seasoning. Best served buffet-style, so people may choose their own taco ingredients.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 (11 ounce) jar salsa
- Heat the taco shells according to the instructions on the packet.
- Warm refried beans in a pan on low-medium heat for a few minutes, until warm all the way through.
- Prepare the fillings and place them in bowls with appropriate serving utensils.
- Arrange the shells on a large plate with the fillings around them on the table.
- ENJOY! :).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Yum! The build-your-own-taco idea was a BIG hit around here! I used the refried bean option, which I kicked up a little with additions of some cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper while warming the beans. I also love the flexibility with being able to offer a variety of toppings based on preference and what's on hand. Thanks for sharing! PAC Fall '11.