Apple Pie Tacos
Apple pie filling stuffed inside a sweet and crispy taco shell.
- Ready In:
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup canola oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup whipped cream (to garnish)
- 1 cup caramel sauce (to garnish)
- Heat oil to 350 in a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat.
- Using a 4 inch ring cutter cut out circle from the tortillas.
- Carefully frying one at a time, use a pair of metal tongs to fry the tortillas. Use the tongs to hold down the tortilla in the oil to create a taco shell shape. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Gently coat cooked tortillas in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add apples, sugars and cinnamon. Allow to cook until apples begin to slightly break down.
- Sprinkle in cornstarch and continue to cook until the mixture has thickened.
- To assemble tacos, stuff with apple pie filling, top with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation