Hand-Shaped Buttermilk Biscuits
photo by Sherri L.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup lard
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Measure the flour into a large bowl and cut the lard into the flour with a pastry blender or two forks. The crumbs should be about pea-size.
- Slowly incorporate the buttermilk until everything is just combined. Don't overwork the mixture. The dough will be wet and sticky.
- Working with well-floured hands scoop up about ? to ¼ cup of the dough and form the dough into a ball.
- You may have to dust some additional flour over the ball to make it easier to roll. Gently flatten the dough until it is about ¾ inch thick and place it one the baking sheet.
- Continue with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minute or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!