Half Baked Potatoes
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 2 -4 potatoes, 1/2 potato per serving for russets (any type, but cooking time will vary)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons margarine
- garlic salt
- dried parsley flakes
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and pierce the meat using a fork or knife. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While preheating oven add 3-4 tablespoons butter or margarine to a baking sheet or baking dish and melt in oven (for 4 potato halves, you should have a liberal amount of butter or margarine coating the bottom).
- When butter is melted remove pan and add a liberal amount of garlic salt. Add parsley, and place potatoes face down in butter.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and meat of potato is browned (approximately 35-40 minutes for medium sized Russet Potatoes).
- Can be done in Microwave (approximately 15 minutes but check frequently).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fabulous tasting potatoes and I love the shorter baking time. I baked them at a higher temperature - big mistake - because I had chicken baking at the same time. Consequently, the butter burned a little and the potatoes were way too browned. Also, the parsley blackened, so I will omit that altogether next time. I will definitely make these again - the right way because they were so delicious! Thanks for the recipe.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Bachelor, empty nester, single father. I raised both my kids through their teenage years. The biggest compliment I ever received was that my kids preferred staying or living with me because I cooked real food. I have always been challenged because I have never had the facilities or budget to have all the fresh and interesting ingredients that are called for or shown on all the cooking shows and websites. I do my best, but have to admit that I am somewhat of a cook-by-the-numbers type of guy. I am starting to get more adventurous and learning what the flavors of various spices and herbs are. My favorite cookbook is 'Cast Iron Skillet' (I inherited 6 pieces of castiron that are at least 75 years old).